Born from MotoGP
Featuring a MotoGP-developed 6-mode TCS (Traction Control System), the latest YZF-R1 is the most advanced supersport machine ever developed by Yamaha.
Powered by a 998cc in-line 4-cylinder engine featuring an innovative crossplane crankshaft, the R1 kicks out high levels of linear torque which makes for superior traction. At the flick of a switch R1 riders can now tune the bike’s performance characteristics for more exciting cornering on the highway, and reduced lap times on the circuit.
A compact aluminium Deltabox chassis delivers precision handling and class-leading cornering – and for optimised high speed performance the latest R1 is equipped with a new front cowl.
- 998cc liquid-cooled in-line 4-cylinder 4-valve
- Crossplane crankshaft delivers linear torque
- 6-mode Traction Control System (TCS)
- YCC-I (Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake)
- YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle)
- 3-mode Variable Map Function
- Forced air intake
- Slipper clutch
- Short-wheelbase aluminium Deltabox chassis
- Idealised balance of chassis rigidity
- Low-drag front cowl with projector headlights
- Multi-function instrumentation
- See all details