Supported by Shark Helmets
Visiting five major UK cities during the summer, the MT Tour will be a unique opportunity for all types of rider to experience the Dark Side of Japan and discover the world of Yamaha MT machines.
These free to enter event events have something for everyone with new MT models on display, action events, test rides and much, much more.
- All motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists welcome – no matter what you ride!
- See the MT Tour truck with its display of everything MT from accessories to clothing. Talk to Yamaha UK staff and experts from our finance and insurance partners to find out how easy it is to get on the road on a new MT.
- New MT models on display for the first time in the UK – be the first to see the new MT-09 Sport Tracker and the sensational new MT-125 before anyone else.
- Fleet of new MT models available to test ride* on the road route, including the latest MT-09 Street Rally, plus MT-09 and MT-07, standard and ABS versions many fitted with Genuine Yamaha Accessories so you can try the ‘Comfort Seat’ option or Sport Screen or even the billet alumimium rearsets and Akrapovic exhaust. Riders must bring their Motorcycle Licence.
- A1 and A2 Riding Experience – aimed at new riders we have an opportunity to ride the new MT-125 and a 35Kw version of the best selling MT-07 with expert tuition from our instructors. So even if you have never ridden before or you do not yet have a full Motorcycle Licence you can experience the MT world. No licence necessary*.
- Explore the potential of the new CP3 engine of the MT-09 on the free Extreme Wheelie machine. Experts will show you how to control a wheelie in a safe and controlled manner, so you can enjoy the thrill of lifting this 850cc machine onto its back wheel.
- Watch Dave Coates take his new MT-09 to the limit as he performs his popular stunt show three time a day. Times and availability vary so please check your local event page for full details.
- MT Owners have a special parking area and a chance to win Prizes in our MT Competitions. Enter your bike in one of the different MT competition classes and win MT prizes. Classes include: Highest Mileage / Most Street Cred / Best Customisation / Concours Condition.
- Giveaways, special guests, MT hostesses, Finance and Insurance experts and much more.
- Refreshments available on site.
- Open 10.00am - 5.00pm on Saturday and Sunday
- No booking required. Motorcycle parking available on site.
- PLUS WIN A NEW MT-07. Simply ask for a MiYamaha quotation from Black Horse Motorcycle Finance at the MT event and you will be entered into a prize draw to win a new MT-07.
Competition Rules apply**
- See the latest display of Shark helmets including the RAW and VANCORE as chosen for the MT Tour
Meet up with MT Owners, try the latest MT models, experience the stunts and riding experiences, enter the MT-07 prize competition and take a trip with us to the Dark Side!
*See Terms and Conditions for full details
There are a limited number of MT Test Ride slots that can be booked in advance at selected times during the day. All other Test Ride bookings should be made on the day at the event.
To book an MT test ride in advance please contact your Local Yamaha Dealer
or CLICK HERE
to get to the MT test ride booking page. Don’t forget to state your preferred date and venue plus the MT model you want to test. We will allocate the closest available test ride slot to your request. Some flexibility may be required on the day as timings may vary. Pre-bookings are subject to availability and Yamaha UK reserve the right to refuse a test ride even if a booking has been made and confirmed. Test rides can also be booked on the day at each event. For the Road Riding you will need a valid, full motorcycle licence – you must bring your licence to the event. Terms & Conditions apply.
2014 MT Tour Dates and Venues
The MT Tour will visit some of the best known motorcycle friendly venues around the UK including a stop at the Great Scottish Bike Show. Each venue has been selected to allow the Roadshow to be easy to get to but also with some outstanding local roads for the MT Demo Ride route.
The MT Demo Rides will depart from and return to the MT Tour venue and test rides will be escorted on a special route designed to allow you to get the feel for your selected MT model.
12th to 13th July - Bristol Clifton Rugby Club
26th to 27th July - London Box Hill, Dorking
2nd to 3rd August - Birmingham National Motorcycle Museum
9th to 10th August - Edinburgh Highland Centre, Inglistone - Great Scottish Motorcycle Show
16th to 17th August - Manchester Belle Vue Showcase Cinema opposite Speedway Circuit
Click on the individual event page for each of the different venues to find out more about the activities and attractions at your local MT Tour event.
Terms and Conditions
- The MT Tour events are free to enter events and everyone is welcome. Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd however reserves the right to refuse admission.
- No animals allowed
- Demo rides follow a predetermined road route and groups are led by outriders.
- Selected test ride slots can be booked in advance via the MT Tour booking page or via your Local Yamaha dealer. The majority of Test Ride slots can only be booked at the event for the same day.
- The organisers reserve the right to move or change test ride booking during the event subject to circumstances.
- To ride an MT test bike on the road riders must be a minimum of 18 years old and hold a full valid UK Motorcycle Licence. Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd and Focussed Events reserve the right to refuse a test ride to any person even where a pre-booking has been made and confirmed.
- The instructions of the organisers and the guide riders must be followed at all times.
- Riders must not be under the influence of drink or drugs to participate in the test rides and riders must obey the normal rules and regulations of the highway.
- Riders must provide their own riding gear.
- Test ride insurance cover will be provided but riders should have their own personal medical cover.
- Riders must disclose to the organisers the relevant level of skill and experience they have before the test ride.
- Extreme Wheelie machine rides are undertaken at the participants risk and the rider must follow the instructions of the machine operator.
- The Dave Coates Stunt Show is a motorsport activity and as such is potentially dangerous. Spectators must observe the safety procedures and respect the boundaries of the display area.
- All data collected at the MT event will be available for Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd to use at a later date for marketing purposes and participation in the event is taken as an understanding and agreement that the personal data collected can be used.
- Some activates may be dangerous Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd is in no way liable or responsible for the actions of suppliers.
- The schedule, organisations and attractions at each event may vary and may change without notice. The listed attractions and activities are for description only and are not as such a contracted offer to the event visitor. Availability of rides and activities may be limited and can be subject to local weather conditions.
**Competition Rules and Regulations
- Competition is open to UK residents only and entrants must be 18 or over.
- Competition closes at the end of the 2014 MT Tour.
- The competition can only be entered in person at an MT Tour event.
- One entry per person.
- Prize winner will be selected at random and will be informed 14 days after the final 2014 tour date.
- No cash or alternatives to the prize are offered.
- Prize consists of one MT-07, on the road costs including Road Tax but excludes rider insurance. Delivery to the nearest Yamaha dealer to the winners home address in UK is also included.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition entry data will be used by Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd and Black Horse Finance for future marketing purposes and entry into the competition is deemed as agreement to use the data.