Yamaha doubles warranty period for commercial outboard users.
Yamaha outboard engines remain the first choice for many commercial users and professional organisations, like the RNLI, throughout the UK. These operators clock up many hundreds of engine hours use a year and recognise the quality, durability and outstanding design of Yamaha marine engines.
Despite the tough working conditions which many of these commercial outboards operate in, Yamaha know that if maintained correctly these engines will live up to their enviable reputation for reliability and have now shown their belief in these products by announcing a new 2 Year Commercial Warranty program – doubling the existing outboard Commercial Warranty period.
The new 2 Year Commercial Warranty covers all Yamaha outboard engines, both four-stroke and two-stroke models, supplied by Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd and used in UK waters. To qualify the recommended outboard service schedule must be adhered to and engines must be maintained throughout the period by an authorised Yamaha outboard dealership and must, of course, only use Genuine Yamaha service parts and Yamalube oil during the warranty period as only these products can be guaranteed to be made to the same high standards as the engines themselves.
The announcement of the 2 Year Commercial Warranty comes as Yamaha also recently increased the choice of four-stroke engines with the introduction of three new X-shaft variants of the popular F70, F80 and F100 models for 2012 that are sure to be popular with commercial users. These X-shaft engines are suitable for larger, more substantial craft with 25” transom heights, common on many commercial boats and working catamarans.
The 2 Year Commercial Warranty is an important initiative from Yamaha, the world’s number one outboard manufacturer, and will give commercial operators even greater peace of mind when choosing a new Yamaha outboard for their craft.
Terms & Conditions
- 2 Year Commercial Warranty for outboard engines covers parts and labour costs for repairs.
- 2 Year Commercial Warranty is applicable to all current four-stroke and two-stroke Yamaha outboard engines.
- To qualify for 2 Year Commercial Warranty outboard engines must have been imported into the UK and distributed by Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd.
- Applies to engines used for commercial purposes within the UK region and territorial waters.
- Engines must be registered for warranty on the Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd on-line warranty registration system on date of purchase.
- The two year warranty period commences on date of purchase.
- Engines are limited to a maximum of 1200 hours use during the period and the 2 Year Warranty will cease once this figure is reached even regardless of the elapsed time.
- All outboard engines must be serviced and maintained during the warranty period according to the recommended service schedules as published by Yamaha Motor Company, Japan and printed in the owners handbook and related service manuals.
- Engines may only be serviced by an authorised Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd outboard dealer or service agent.
- Only genuine Yamaha spare parts and Yamalube oils and lubricants can be used for all servicing and maintenance of the outboard.
- Additional expenses related to removal of engines and transportation of boats are not covered by this warranty agreement.
- All normal Yamaha warranty requirements also apply.