R1MThe R1M is the most advanced production motorcycle ever created by Yamaha. Built specifically for supreme performance on the racetrack, it is equipped with revolutionary electronic control technology that enables you to push even harder and discover your true potential. Build your dream R1M
R history. Your future.
Yamaha has created the race-focused R1M using some of the most sophisticated technology developed from the race-winning M1 MotoGP bike. Its state-of-the-art Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS) with NPX anti-cavitation gas front forks bring out your best performance at every circuit – and the low frontal area carbon bodywork helps to shave lap times.
But what really makes the R1M such a game-changer are the high-tech rider aids including Brake Control, Engine Brake Management and Launch Control – as well as a Communication Control Unit for datalogging and wireless engine tuning. Available in the renewed carbon and black Icon Performance color featuring blue accents and blue wheels, the R1M is the ultimate R-Series delivering the most complete racetrack package.
At a glance
- M1-inspired carbon bodywork
- Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS)
- Öhlins NPX anti-cavitation gas forks
- Lightweight carbon tail
- Engraved production number
- Brake Control (BC) system
- Engine Brake Management (EBM) system
- 998cc crossplane engine
- Ride-by-wire APSG throttle
- Launch Control (LCS) system
- Bridgestone Battlax RS11 tyres - 190 wide rear
- Exclusive CCU enables wireless tuning
- 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- High-tech electronic control features
Yamaha first entered World Grand Prix racing 60 years ago, and during this period the factory’s race bikes have won over 500 GP races. The latest R1M been constructed using all of the experience gained in MotoGP and WorldSBK, making this the most sophisticated production Yamaha motorcycle ever built.