Powerful 850cc twin cylinder engine
The 850cc parallel twin cylinder engine produces high levels of linear torque, giving the X4 the ability to carry 4 full-sized adults and their cargo across technical and hilly landscapes with ease. For a stronger driving force at low and high speeds, the crossplane concept design features a long stroke together with a 270-degree crank.
Compact and agile chassis
The Wolverine X4's compact chassis features a short wheelbase of only 2100mm - just 35mm longer than the 2-seat Wolverine R model. And with an overall length of 3100mm and width of 1580mm, this is one of the most versatile, agile and easy-handling SxS models in the 4-seat category.
Quiet and comfortable interior
We've gone to great lengths to make sure that you and your passengers are able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing ride. The large volume intake and exhaust systems drastically reduce engine noise and make conversations between occupants easy to hear - while the rubber engine mounts and extensive chassis insulation minimize footboard vibration.
Self-leveling rear shocks
Whether you're riding alone or with passengers and cargo, the self-leveling rear suspension makes sure that every journey is comfortable. Whatever the load, this intelligent rear suspension system helps to maintain a consistent ride height that enhances the overall ride quality - even on rugged terrain.
4 full-size high-back seats
The Wolverine X4 is equipped with full-size seats that are designed to accommodate 4 passengers in comfort. These luxurious high-back seats ensure that you and your passengers experience a relaxing and enjoyable ride - even on the most extreme terrain.
Adaptable and versatile layout
With 100mm of front/rear adjustability, the driver's seat can be set up to suit your individual preference - and the steering wheel can be moved through 12 degrees of tilt to achieve the optimum ergonomics. And when you're not carrying passengers in the back, the two rear seats can be folded to increase the cargo bed size and capacity.
On-Command® 2WD/4WD drive system
The Wolverine X4 is built to take you places where few other vehicles would go, and one of the key features that make it so easy and enjoyable to use is the On-Command® drive system. Featuring a simple 3-position knob, this user-friendly system allows you to select 2WD, 4WD or 4WD with Diff Lock for optimum drive on different terrain.
Ultramatic® CVT transmission
Yamaha's Ultramatic CVT automatic transmission gives smooth and seamless acceleration, and ensures that the engine's linear torque is always being used efficiently. And with its all-wheel engine-braking system, the Wolverine X4 gives added confidence and control when descending slopes or slowing down on slippery and loose surfaces.
With its smooth and responsive engine, seamless Ultramatic transmission and On-Command drive system, the Wolverine X4 is one of the most user-friendly Side By Side models. For added security there's a removable Speed Key under the hood that allows you to restrict the top speed to 40 km/h when young or inexperienced drivers are using your vehicle.
Technical SpecificationsDownload Factsheet
- Engine type
- Parallel Twin, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x stroke
- 82 mm x 80.2 mm
- Compression ratio
- 10.5 : 1
- Lubrication system
- Dry sump
- Fuel system
- Mikuni fuel injection with Drive by wire, dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition system
- Starter system
- Transmission system
- Yamaha Ultramatic® CVT automatic V-belt
- Drive system
- On-Command® 2WD, 4WD, 4WD with Diff-lock
- Final transmission
- Front suspension system
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 221 mm of wheel travel with spring preload adjustability
- Rear suspension system
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 226 mm of wheel travel with self-leveling shock absorbers
- Front brake
- Dual ventilated hydraulic disc
- Rear brake
- Shaft mounted parking brake, Dual ventilated hydraulic disc
- Front tyres
- MAXXIS MU75, AT26 x 8-12 Steel Wheels
- Rear tyres
- MAXXIS MU76, AT26 x 10-12 Steel Wheels
- Cargo bed
- Overall length
- 3,100 mm
- Overall width
- 1,519 mm
- Overall height
- 1,960 mm
- 2,100 mm
- Min. turning radius
- Minimum ground clearance
- 273 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank)
- Fuel capacity
- Oil capacity
- Steering System
- Rack and Pinion Steering Assembly with Electric Power Steering
- Towing capacity
- 900 kg
- Digital LCD meter with fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, maintenance meter, hour meter, 2WD/4WD/Diff-Lock Indicator, L/H/N/R gear indicator, parking brake indicator, engine warning light, water temperature warning light and gauge, Battery