Ever wanted to ride the iconic Silverstone circuit? We’re giving three lucky winners that opportunity with our latest social media competition.
We’ve teamed up with Silverstone to offer three top prizes, including a spot on the well-recommended Silverstone R1M Masterclass run by former Superbike and GP rider Niall Mackenzie and the best bit is you don’t even need your own bike, you can use one of our brand new YZF-R1Ms!
The second prize is a spot on a Silverstone track day on your own bike with a free video session, so you’ll go home with a USB stick of video from the day and the third prize is a Silverstone track day on your own bike.
To enter, head to either the Yamaha Motor UK or Yamaha Racing UK social channels listed below and comment on one of the competition posts with a picture of your Yamaha!
YAMAHA MOTOR UK SILVERSTONE MASTERCLASS COMPETITION
- The prize draw starts at 12pm on 17th April 2019 and ends at 12pm 17th May 2019. Entries out of this time frame will not be considered.
- To enter, participants must reply with a public comment to one of the competition posts on one of Yamaha’s Social Media channels with a picture of their Yamaha.
The social media channels where competition posts will appear:
- There are three prizes available:
o 1st Prize: Silverstone R1M Masterclass – ride Silverstone under tuition from stars such as Niall Mackenzie on an R1M provided by Silverstone.
o 2nd Prize: Silverstone track day with video session – ride Silverstone on your own bike with a complimentary video session.
o 3rd Prize: Silverstone track day – ride Silverstone on your own bike.
- All prizes will take place on a date of the winners’ choice, subject to availability. Silverstone’s latest calendar can be found here.
- To be eligible, each winner must be over 25 years old and have held a full motorcycle licence for a minimum of two years. Selected winners will have to provide proof of age and licence before the prize is confirmed.
- Silverstone’s full Bike Track Day Terms and Conditions also apply to each prize, this includes a 102dba ride by noise limit on the track day prizes.
- For the R1M Masterclass, the winner must pay a refundable Crash Damage Deposit of £2000 by either credit or debit card. If the bike is damaged, you will only be liable for a maximum of £2000 – you will only be charged for the damage done.
- The winners are responsible for their own safety gear, which must be compliant with Silverstone T&Cs (Full or two-piece zip together leathers (hip to hip), boots, gloves and helmet to ACU gold or FIM standard). Silverstone do offer equipment hire, which the winner can purchase but this is not included in the prize. Should a winner turn up without appropriate safety equipment/means to hire equipment, they will not ride.
- Full Silverstone Track day T&Cs can be found here.
- The prize does not include travel, accommodation, or any expenses incurred through attending the event.
- The winners will be chosen at random by 5pm 17th May 2019 and contacted by direct message on the social media platform on which they entered.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 24 hours of the initial notification, or cannot take up the prize, then the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and select another winner on the criteria set out above.
- Any decision is the final and no correspondence will be entered into. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize is non-transferable, for sale, re-sale or redeemable for cash.
- The winners will be publicly announced on the Yamaha social channels once the prizes are confirmed.
- Once the winner has been notified and supplied their name and confirmed their eligibility for the prize, YMUK will provide further information and pass the winners on to Silverstone for booking.
- Open to UK residents aged 25 or over only.
- Yamaha Motor UK and Silverstone employees, or family/friends, are not permitted to enter.
- No purchase necessary.
- The promotion is offered by Yamaha Motor Europe N.V., Branch UK – Units A2-A3, Kingswey Business Park, Forsyth Road, Woking, GU21 5SA.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook/Twitter.