Small in size, big in fun.
Safety comes first, and the YFZ50 has a range of features that give parents a high degree of control. Speed can be limited by the throttle screw and rev limiter switch – and a lanyard attached to a tether switch can cut the engine instantly.
Easy to use, fun to ride and simple to maintain, the Yamaha YFZ50 is the clear choice for responsible adults – and with its YFZ450R racer-inspired styling, this mini ATV has got to be at the top of every child’s wish list!
At a glance
- Electric start and removable kick-start
- Low-maintenance 49cc 4-stroke air-cooled engine
- Switchable limiter restricts max engine speed
- Sporty YFZ450R-inspired styling
- Compact, agile ATV for children aged 6 - 9 years
- Lanyard with cut-out for total parental control
- Smooth CVT automatic V-belt transmission
- Simple to use, fun to ride and easy to maintain
- Yamaha quality, reliability and back up
- Handlebar-mounted brake levers
- The ideal introduction to ATV riding
- Throttle screw for parental speed adjustment
At Yamaha we’re famous for building some of the world’s most successful sport and leisure ATVs – and with an entry-level model for 6-9 year olds, we now make the smallest ones' hearts beat faster.
ATVs with engines up to 70cc are recommended for use only by riders 6 years and older and always with adult supervision. ATVs with engines of 70 to 90cc are recommended only for use by riders 10 years and older, and always under adult supervision. ATVs with engines of 90cc or greater are recommended for use only by riders 16 years and older. ATVs are built to operate within their design limits. Safe towable weights, together with maximum carrying capacity are identified in the owner's manual if applicable. For durability, reliability, but most important of all, operator safety, under no circumstances should the recommended capacities be exceeded. Yamaha recommends that all ATV riders take an approved training course. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call your Yamaha Distributor in your country. ATVs can be hazardous to operate.