YZF-R1Packed with YZR-M1 MotoGP technology, a crossplane engine, short wheelbase chassis and high-tech electronics, the YZF-R1 is ready to connect to your body and take your riding to a new level. Build your dream YZF-R1
Yamaha YZF-R1. We R1
Developed using YZR-M1 MotoGP technology, this bike was born for the track. 200 hp, 199 kg and a 1405 mm wheelbase give an insight into its capabilities. But it's what you can't see that makes it so special.
The Inertial Measurement Unit constantly senses chassis motion in 3D, creating controllability over traction, slides, front wheel lift, braking and launches. And its updated Quickshift System (QSS) offers clutchless downshifting as well as upshifting. Yamaha YZF-R1. We R1.
At a glance
- ABS with Unified Brake System
- Titanium Exhaust and midship muffler
- Magnesium wheels, aluminium fuel tank
- Lift Control and Launch Control
- Updated QSS, advanced electronic control systems
- 998cc 200PS crossplane 4-cylinder engine
- High volume air intake
- Short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
- High-compression cylinder head
- YZR-M1 MotoGP inspired cowling
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD instrument panel
- Track-developed suspension systems
Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Yamaha encourage you to ride safely and respect fellow riders and the environment. Images shown depict professional riders performing under controlled conditions. Specifications and appearance of Yamaha products as shown here are subject to change without notice and may vary according to requirements and conditions. For further details, please consult your Yamaha dealer.