Challenge the Darkness
Its 890cc EU5 CP3 engine produces even more linear torque at lower rpm for awesome acceleration – while its R1-type 6-axis IMU and lean-sensitive electronic rider aids give you precision control in the wet and dry. And with fully adjustable 41mm front forks and a high specification Öhlins rear shock, the all-new chassis is sharper than ever.
As well as the exclusive Icon Performance colours the MT-09 SP comes equipped with a special double stitched seat for the ultimate fit – and the brushed anodized swingarm, anodized black handlebars and levers and clear-smoked brake reservoirs add to the model’s premium looks and feel.
At a glance
- 35kW A2 version also available
- Dedicated SP colours
- Cruise Control system
- Premium fully adjustable suspension
- Double-stitched seat
- Swingarm with anodized brushed aluminium finish
- 6-Axis IMU plus lean-sensitive rider aids
- Full-colour 3.5-inch TFT display
- Compact, bifunctional LED headlight
- Quick Shift System (QSS)
- Lightweight SpinForged wheels
- EU5 890cc CP3 engine
- Radial front brake master cylinder
Back in 2013 Yamaha changed the landscape of the motorcycle world with the introduction of the original MT-09. With its sharp focus on linear torque, lightweight agility and brutal naked looks, the bike was an instant success. Over the next decade the MT Hyper Naked range grew rapidly – and to complete the line-up, the exclusive SP model was created.