R history. Your future.
Every piece of advanced technology on the R1 has been developed using the knowledge gained from Yamaha’s involvement in racing at the highest level. The remarkable 998cc 4-cylinder EU5 crossplane engine is a direct descendant of the M1 unit – while the aerodynamic bodywork comes straight the racetrack development.
But above all it’s the R1’s incredible array of smart electronics that make this bike so very special. Equipped with everything from a ride-by-wire throttle through to a Launch Control System (LCS), Engine Brake Management (EBM) as well as Brake Control (BC) and much more, this is the ultimate Yamaha supersport that is built to lead the way on the street and track. And it comes in a sporty new duo-tone Icon Blue with matt blue colour scheme, as well as the dynamic Yamaha Black option.
At a glance
- Aerodynamic M1-style bodywork
- High-efficiency 998cc EU5 engine
- High quality finish with new duo-tone colouring
- 43mm KYB front forks
- Brake Control (BC) system
- Engine Brake Management (EBM) system
- Next generation LED headlights and position lights
- Ride-by-wire APSG throttle
- Launch Control (LCS) system
- High friction brake pads
- Bridgestone Battlax RS11 tyres - 190 wide rear
- TFT instruments with EBM and BC displays
You have already added this item. You can adjust the quantity in your shopping cart.
The product has been added to your cart
This item is not compatible with the Yamaha you selected.
There are no required parts.