Legendary winning colours.
Yamaha’s involvement in Grand Prix racing started way back in 1961 when the company entered the French GP to compete at the highest level. The team’s first victory came soon after, and Yamaha won the first of many World Championships in 1964. The race winnings continue, with over 500 victories to date – and many more to come.
Every R-Series supersport owes its existence to Yamaha’s race bikes. The R7 World GP 60th Anniversary’s iconic white body colour with red ‘speed block’ graphics and special 60th anniversary emblem – combined with a red front fender, yellow front plate and gold-coloured wheels – embodies 60 years of GP racing and celebrates the famous race bikes and riders that have helped to make Yamaha what it is today.
At a glance
- World GP 60th Anniversary livery
- High-torque 689cc CP2 engine
- Athletic design with R-Series DNA
- Aerodynamic cowling and twin-eye face
- A&S clutch for increased controllability
- Lightweight frame tuned for idealised chassis rigidity
- Fully-adjustable inverted 41mm front forks
- Adjustable link-type rear shock
- Radial-mount front brake calipers
- Sports, tucked-in riding position gives optimum agility
- Lightweight 10-spoke wheels
- Optional Quick Shift System for seamless upshifts
R7 World GP 60th Anniversary
The R7 World GP 60th Anniversary is a perfect example of Yamaha’s mission to create high quality motorcycles that inspire, thrill and excite. Fast, light and agile – and finished in Yamaha’s most famous historic white and red racing colours – this is the ultimate accessible Supersport.