With 10 special editions launched between 2006 and 2016, the TMAX has maintained its dominant position as the best-selling scooter in Europe every year for the past 20 years – with nearly 300,000 units sold. It’s been an incredible journey, and to celebrate this remarkable achievement Yamaha has created 560 units of the very special TMAX 20th Anniversary.
Equipped with exclusive forged carbon boomerangs, heat shield and front fender, as well as a high specification heated seat with yellow stitching and a 20th anniversary logo – and featuring Tech Graphite colouring with bronze wheels – the TMAX 20th Anniversary is Yamaha’s ultimate Sport Scooter.
At a glance
- Unique forged carbon bodywork
- Special heated seat and heated grips
- Exclusive colour
- Powerful 560cc EURO5 compliant engine
- Dynamic and aggressive body design
- Electric screen
- Cruise control
- Integrated LED front flashers
- Fully-equipped with best-in-class specification
- Lightweight aluminium frame
- Traction Control System (TCS) and D-MODE
- Large storage space
- Smart Key operation
- Monotone TFT instrument panel
- Motorcycle-type suspension with optimized settings
- Centre stand locking system
TMAX 20th Anniversary
When the first TMAX landed in Europe back in 2001 it was so far ahead of its time that there wasn’t even a category for it. So Yamaha created the Sport Scooter class. With its powerful 500cc 2-cylinder engine and a motorcycle type chassis, the original TMAX broke every rule in the book.