R1Packed with YZR-M1 MotoGP technology, a crossplane engine, short wheelbase chassis and high-tech electronics, the R1 is ready to connect to your body and take your riding to a new level. Build your dream R1
Yamaha R1. We R1.
Developed using YZR-M1 MotoGP technology, this bike was born for the track. 200PS, 199kg and a 1,405mm wheelbase give an insight into its capabilities. But it's what you can't see that makes it so special.
The Inertial Measurement Unit constantly senses chassis motion in 3D, creating controllability over traction, slides, front wheel lift, braking and launches. And its Quickshift System (QSS) offers clutchless downshifting as well as upshifting. Yamaha R1. We R1.
At a glance
- 998cc 200PS crossplane 4-cylinder engine
- ABS with Unified Brake System
- QSS, advanced electronic control systems
- High-compression cylinder head
- YZR-M1 MotoGP inspired cowling
- High volume air intake
- Short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
- Track-developed suspension systems
- Titanium Exhaust and midship muffler
- Lift Control and Launch Control
- Magnesium wheels, aluminium fuel tank
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD instrument panel