Powerful 850cc twin cylinder engine
The 850cc parallel twin cylinder engine produces high levels of linear torque, giving the X2 Alu the ability to carry 2 full-sized adults and their cargo across technical and hilly landscapes with ease. For a stronger driving force at low and high speeds, the crossplane concept design features a long stroke together with a 270-degree crank.
Compact and agile chassis
The Wolverine X2 Alu’s compact chassis features a short wheelbase of only 2100mm - just 35mm longer than the 2-seat Wolverine R model. And with an overall length of 3100mm and width of 1580mm, this is one of the most versatile, agile and easy-handling SxS models.
Quiet and comfortable interior
We've gone to great lengths to make sure that you and your passenger are able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing ride. The large volume intake and exhaust systems drastically reduce engine noise and make conversations between occupants easy to hear - while the rubber engine mounts and extensive chassis insulation minimize footboard vibration.
KYB Piggy Back Shocks front & rear
The suspension can be tuned to your personal preference and terrain condition with KYB gas charged piggy back shocks with Hi and Low speed compression - and single rebound adjustment.
Full-size high-back seats
The Wolverine X2 Alu is equipped with full-size seats that are designed to accommodate driver & passenger in comfort. These luxurious high-back seats ensure that you and your passenger experience a relaxing and enjoyable ride - even on the most extreme terrain.
Adaptable and versatile layout
With 100mm adjustable of front/rear, the driver's seat can be set up to suit your individual preference - and the steering wheel can be moved through 12 degrees of tilt to achieve the optimum ergonomics.
On-Command® 2WD/4WD drive system
The Wolverine X2 Alu is built to take you places where few other vehicles would go, and one of the key features that make it so easy and enjoyable to use is the On-Command® drive system. Featuring a simple 3-position knob, this user-friendly system allows you to select 2WD, 4WD or 4WD with Diff Lock for optimum drive on different terrain.
Ultramatic® CVT transmission
Yamaha's Ultramatic CVT automatic transmission gives smooth and seamless acceleration, and ensures that the engine's linear torque is always being used efficiently. And with its all-wheel engine-braking system, the Wolverine X2 Alu gives added confidence and control when descending slopes or slowing down on slippery and loose surfaces.
With its smooth and responsive engine, seamless Ultramatic transmission and On-Command drive system, the Wolverine X2 Alu is one of the most user-friendly Side By Side models. For added security there's a removable Speed Key under the hood that allows you to restrict the top speed to 40 km/h when young or inexperienced drivers are using your vehicle.
Technical SpecificationsDownload Factsheet
- Engine type
- Parallel Twin, 4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x stroke
- 82 mm x 80.2 mm
- Compression ratio
- 10.5 : 1
- Lubrication system
- Dry sump
- Fuel system
- Mikuni fuel injection with Drive by wire, dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition system
- Starter system
- Transmission system
- Yamaha Ultramatic® CVT automatic V-belt
- Drive system
- On-Command® 2WD, 4WD, 4WD with Diff-lock
- Final transmission
- Front suspension system
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 221 mm of wheel travel with spring preload adjustability
- Rear suspension system
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 226 mm of wheel travel with self-leveling shock absorbers
- Front brake
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear brake
- Dual hydraulic disc, Shaft mounted parking brake
- Front tyres
- MAXXIS MU75, AT26 x 8-12, Aluminum Wheels
- Rear tyres
- MAXXIS MU76, AT26 x 10-12, Aluminum Wheels
- Overall length
- 2,920 mm
- Overall width
- 1,500 mm
- Overall height
- 1,900 mm
- 2,100 mm
- Min. turning radius
- Minimum ground clearance
- 280 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank)
- 719.5 kg
- Fuel tank capacity
- Oil tank capacity
- Cargo bed
- 272 kg
- Steering System
- Rack and Pinion Steering Assembly with Electric Power Steering
- Towing capacity
- 907 kg
- Digital LCD meter with fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, maintenance meter, hour meter, 2WD/4WD/Diff-Lock Indicator, L/H/N/R gear indicator, parking brake indicator, engine warning light, water temperature warning light and gauge, Battery Warning Indicator, Speed Management System Key Indicator, high beam indicator, EPS warning light