Built for serious enduro racers as well as long distance rally riders and experienced recreational riders, the WR-F features new ECU mapping for improved throttle feel and smoother pick up - giving you outstanding performance together with a higher level of controllability.
Its compact, mass centralised chassis benefits from optimized suspension settings for outstanding handling and turning performance - and with its wide ratio 5-speed transmission, KYB® suspension and switchless electric start, the Yamaha WR450F gives you the power to perform.
At a glance
- Powerful, compact and controllable 450cc 4-stroke
- Potent fuel injected engine with linear torque
- Reverse cylinder head with front facing intake
- Aluminium beam frame with optimized rigidity
- Wide ratio 5-speed transmission with enduro clutch
- Switch-free electric starter and auto-decompressor
- Convenient plug in Power Tuner for easy tuning
- Outstanding suspension performance
- Mass centralized design for agile handling
- Top mounted air filter and underseat fuel tank
- 18-inch rear wheel, Metzeler 6 Days Extreme tyres
- Enduro-spec radiators with lightweight cooling fan
Yamaha’s high-tech reverse cylinder head powered the WR450F to ISDE victory, and it sets our winning enduro bikes apart from the rest. The front facing intake boosts power and contributes towards the bike's easy-to-use linear torque – while new ECU mapping gives improved throttle characteristics. And to reduce weight we’ve removed the kickstart.