Powerful 850cc twin cylinder engine
The 850cc parallel twin cylinder engine produces high levels of linear torque, giving the X4 the ability to carry 4 full-sized adults and their cargo across technical and hilly landscapes with ease. Power delivery is potent across the speed range but a special ECU mapping gives even smoother power and control at low speed.
Compact and agile chassis
Form really follows function in the versatile Wolverine X4. Its compact chassis features a short wheelbase of only 2,125mm, so with the ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) which is sleek and narrow - allowing for better all-round visibility – this machine is great on tight trails. The wider door design makes for even easier access.
Quiet and comfortable interior
We've gone to great lengths to make sure that you and your passengers are able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing ride. The large volume intake and exhaust systems drastically reduce engine noise and make conversations between occupants easy to hear - while the rubber engine mounts and extensive chassis insulation minimize footboard vibration.
Self-leveling rear shocks
Whether riding solo or with passengers and cargo, the self-levelling rear suspension makes sure every journey is comfortable. This intelligent system helps to maintain a consistent ride height that enhances the overall ride quality and provides excellent ground contact for maximum grip – optimizing the advantage of the impressive 27” Dirt Commander tyres.
4 full-size high-back seats
The Wolverine X4 850 is equipped with full-size seats that are designed to accommodate 4 passengers in comfort. These luxurious high-back seats ensure that you and your passengers experience a relaxing and enjoyable ride - even on the most extreme terrain.
Adaptable and versatile layout
Increased adjustability is a feature of this model. Extra comfort, security and control can be obtained by adjusting the seat and seatbelt positions and steering wheel tilt, while the foot pedal designs also aid control. When passengers are not being carried in the back, the two rear seats can be folded to increase the cargo bed size and capacity.
On-Command® 2WD/4WD drive system
The Wolverine X4 850 is built to take you places where few other vehicles would go, and one of the key features that make it so easy and enjoyable to use is the On-Command® drive system. Featuring a simple 3-position knob, this user-friendly system allows you to select 2WD, 4WD or 4WD with Diff-lock for optimum drive on different terrain
Ultramatic® CVT transmission
Yamaha's Ultramatic CVT automatic transmission gives smooth and seamless acceleration and ensures that the engine's linear torque is always being used efficiently. And with its all-wheel engine-braking system, the Wolverine X4 850 gives added confidence and control when descending slopes or slowing down on slippery and loose surfaces.
Speed Management Key
With its smooth and responsive engine, seamless Ultramatic transmission and On-Command drive system, the Wolverine X4 850 is one of the most user-friendly Side-by-Side models. For added security there's a removable Speed Key under the hood that allows you to restrict the top speed to 40 km/h when young or inexperienced drivers are using your vehicle.
Technical SpecificationsDownload Factsheet
- Engine type
- Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, Parallel Twin
- Bore x stroke
- 82.0 mm x 80.2 mm
- Compression ratio
- 10.5 : 1
- Lubrication system
- Dry sump
- Fuel system
- Mikuni fuel injection with Drive by wire, dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition system
- Starter system
- Transmission system
- Yamaha Ultramatic® CVT automatic V-belt
- Drive system
- On-Command® 2WD, 4WD, 4WD with Diff-lock
- Final transmission
- Front suspension system
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 221 mm of wheel travel. KYB Piggy back shocks with threaded spring preload, Hi & Low speed compression and rebound adjustment.
- Rear suspension system
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 226 mm of wheel travel with self-leveling shock absorbers
- Front brake
- Dual ventilated hydraulic disc
- Rear brake
- Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, Shaft mounted parking brake
- Front tyres
- 27"Dirt Commander tyres / 12" Aluminium rims
- Rear tyres
- 27"Dirt Commander tyres / 12" Aluminium rims
- Overall length
- 3,100 mm
- Overall width
- 1,580 mm
- Overall height
- 1,973 mm
- 2,125 mm
- Min. turning radius
- 4.5 m
- Minimum ground clearance
- 286 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank)
- 754 kg
- Fuel tank capacity
- 35 litres
- Oil tank capacity
- 4.4 litres
- Cargo bed
- 272 kg
- Steering System
- Rack and Pinion Steering Assembly with Electric Power Steering
- Towing capacity
- 907 kg
- Digital LCD meter with fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, maintenance meter, hour meter, 2WD/4WD/Diff-Lock Indicator, L/H/N/R gear indicator, parking brake indicator, engine warning light, water temperature warning light and gauge, Battery