For the 250hp V6 engines, features such as Digital Electric Steering (DES), Yamaha’s exclusive TotalTilt function and Thrust Enhancing Reverse Exhaust (TERE), and XTO DNA are what clearly positions them as Premium Yamaha outboards.
Digital Electric Steering is now standard on 250hp V6 engines, equipped with Steer by Wire. DES deliveries a much smoother and more intuitive experience when at the helm, while all Non-SBW 250hp V6 Engines are fully compatible with optional bolt-on DES.
At a glance
- Built-in Digital Electric Steering (DES) on Steer by Wire engines.
- Optional bolt-on electric steering for Engines not equipped with Steer by Wire (SBW) providing improved serviceability.
- TotalTilt™ function with integrated tilt limit for effortless trailering and convenience when tilting.
- Thrust Enhancing Reverse Exhaust (TERE) for outstanding reverse thrust and control when manoeuvring.
- Elegant, sleek, lightweight design.
- Superior engine mounts for less vibration and a softer ride.
- New and improved lower unit: new components, design features and improved durability.
250hp V6 (2022)
The Premium new 250hp V6 represent Yamaha’s commitment to deliver products that create a more user-friendly interface for customers and boat builders, combining technology with style, enhanced reliability and incredible power.