Approximately 26,000 motorcycles are stolen each year in the UK and the majority of them are less than 3 years old. These are often stripped and rebuilt around genuine frames and as such recovery rates are low, with the Police unable to prove ownership beyond doubt. For the first time the industry has united behind one official security and registration scheme to combat this problem.
- The Scheme is the MASTER Security Scheme (Motorcycle and Scooter Tagged Equipment Register).
- This is the first and only official national scheme approved by the police authorities.
- The delivery partner for the MASTER Security Scheme is Datatag ID Ltd, the country’s foremost supplier of security marking technology.
- The scheme will initially be supported by major manufacturers BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha, Ducati, KTM, Harley Davidson, Indian and Victory with other manufacturers expected to follow.
- Although the scheme is voluntary, it is already believed to exceed the scope of any other.
- New motorcycles will be sold marked, tagged, registered and traceable by the MASTER Security Scheme, reducing theft and restoring confidence to consumers.
- The scheme will reduce motorcycle crime as the motorcycle parc of marked machines increases over time.
*Only available on road registered geared motorcycles 126cc and above tagged and registerd.*