These free to enter event events have something for everyone with new MT models on display, action events, test rides and much, much more.
The MT Tour is ready to roll again and the time has come for you to experience the Dark Side of Japan. This is no ordinary test ride but a chance to step inside the MT world and expose your senses to the ultimate riding experience.
Visiting five major UK cities during the summer, the MT Tour will be a unique opportunity for all types of rider to experience the Dark Side of Japan and discover the range of Yamaha MT machines.
- All motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists are welcome – no matter what you ride!
- See the MT Tour truck with its display of everything MT from accessories to clothing. Talk to Yamaha UK staff and experts from our finance and insurance partners to find out how easy it is to get on the road on a new MT.
- New MT models on display – be the first to see and ride the new MT-10 and the sensational new MT-03 plus the latest MT-09 with TCS.
- Fleet of new MT models available to test ride* on our road route, including the latest 2016 model MT-09 with Traction Control, plus the multi award winning MT-07. With many MT test bikes fitted with Genuine Yamaha Accessories, you can try the ‘Comfort Seat’ option or Sport Screen or even the billet aluminium rearsets and Ackrapovic exhaust. Riders must bring their MC Licence to join the road rides.
- A1 and A2 Riding Experience – aimed at new riders we have an opportunity to ride the new MT-125, MT-03 and MT-07 35kW will be available on a closed course. These A1 and A2 licence compliant machines are perfect for new riders and novices. With expert tuition from our instructors and riding gear available to borrow, you can try them out even if you have never ridden before or you do not yet have a full Motorcycle Licence. No licence necessary*.
- Try the MT-10** and MT-07 on the free Extreme Wheelie machine. Experts will show you how to master wheelies in a safe and controlled manner, so you can enjoy the thrill of lifting this 1000cc machine onto its back wheel.
- Watch Dave Coates take his MT-09 to the as he performs his popular stunt show three time a day. Times and availability.
- And at selected MT Tour events MT Owners have a special parking area and a chance to win Prizes in our MT Competitions. Enter your bike in one of the different MT competition classes and win MT prizes. Classes include: Highest Mileage / Most Street Cred / Best Customisation / Concours Condition.
- Giveaways, special guests, MT hostesses, Finance and Insurance experts and much more.
- Refreshments available from on site catering companies.
- Open 10.00am - 5.00pm on Saturday and Sunday
- No booking required. Motorcycle parking available on site.
- Note the MT Tour at MCN Festival, Peterborough and at 2016 Motorcycle Live is located within the controlled event site and an event entrance ticket is required to reach the MT Tour and MT Tour attractions.
* See Terms and Conditions for full details
** MT-10 will not be available on the Extreme Wheelie Machine at the MCN Festival, Peterborough
All MT Test Ride bookings should be made on the day at the event. Test ride bookings can be made at the MT Tour marquee.
Some flexibility may be required on the day as timings may vary. Yamaha UK reserve the right to refuse a test ride. For the road riding you will need a valid, full motorcycle licence – you must bring your licence to the event. Terms & Conditions apply.
The MT Tour will visit some of the best known motorcycle friendly venues around the UK including a stop at 2016 Motorcycle Live at the NEC. Each venue has been selected to allow the Roadshow to be easy to get to but also with some outstanding local roads for the MT Demo Ride route.
The MT Demo Rides will depart from and return to the MT Tour venue and test rides will be escorted on a special route designed to allow you to get the feel for your selected MT model.
Terms and Conditions
- The MT Tour events are free to enter events (excluding MCN Festival and Motorcycle Live events) and everyone is welcome. Yamaha Motor however reserves the right to refuse admission to the MT Tour attractions.
- No animals allowed
- Demo rides follow a predetermined road route and groups are led by outriders.
- Test Ride slots can only be booked at the event for the same day.
- The organisers reserve the right to move or change test ride booking during the event subject to circumstances.
- To ride an MT test bike on the road riders must be a minimum of 18 years old and hold a full valid UK Motorcycle Licence. Yamaha Motor Europe NV, branch UK and Focused Events reserve the right to refuse a test ride to any person.
- The instructions of the organisers and the guide riders must be followed at all times.
- Riders must NOT be under the influence of drink or drugs to participate in the test rides and riders must obey the normal rules and regulations of the highway.
- Test ride insurance cover will be provided but riders should have their own personal medical cover.
- Riders must disclose to the organisers the relevant level of skill and experience they have before the test ride.
- Extreme Wheelie machine rides are undertaken at the participants risk and the rider must follow the instructions of the machine operator.
- The Dave Coates Stunt Show is a motorsport activity and as such is potentially dangerous. Spectators must observe the safety procedures and respect the boundaries of the display area.
- All data collected at the MT event will be available for Yamaha Motor Europe NV, branch UK to use at a later date for marketing purposes and participation in the event is taken as an understanding and agreement that the personal data collected can be used.
- Some activates may be dangerous Yamaha Motor Europe NV, branch UK is in no way liable or responsible for the actions of suppliers.
- The schedule, organisations and attractions at each event may vary and may change without notice. The listed attractions and activities are for description only and are not as such a contracted offer to the event visitor. Availability of rides and activities may be limited and can be subject to local weather conditions.
Don't keep the adventure to yourself, share your MT experience on social media using hashtag #yamahadarkside